Monday, January 09, 2006

Wax Me 16

One of my hesitancies about getting my bushy eyebrows waxed in the first place was that I worried they would be waxed unevenly, making me look like some kind of a freak (as if my own plucking was perfectly symmetrical or as if having two furry catepillars above my eyes didn't make me look like a freak!). And I must admit that I usually come home, look in the mirror, and do some additional grooming after I get them waxed. This last waxing, however, I looked in the mirror and noticed that my right eyebrow was much more arched than the other one, making me look like I was raising one eyebrow in a sarcastic manner.

This immediately took me back to my teenage years, when raising one eyebrow sarcasticly was something that happened many, many times a day. My friends and I would practice single eyebrow raising in the mirror, and see if we could raise our left eyebrows as effectively as our right ones (ambidextrous eyebrows?). I remember someone even giving me this compliment once: "You can really raise that one eyebrow really high! Wow!" Obviously, my eyebrow-lift exercises were paying off!

Of course, I fixed the left eyebrow so that it looked similarly sarcastic, thereby neutralizing the right one. And then, just for kicks, I tried to raise just one of them sarcastically. I'm not that good at it any more, but my left eyebrow is definitely the stronger of the two. Maybe some more exercises are in order. Just in case.

No comments: