Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Ready to Eat (oh, I'm ready!)

I recently discovered some great ready to eat Indian food from MTR Foods, so I thought I would share (the information, rather than the actual food -- however, if you come over in a few moments, I'll have some cooked for you) with those of you who enjoy Indian food, like I do. I bought about three different kinds of MTR curries at a local international foods store (the one in the Farmer's Market, for those of you who live in Nashville), and they have all tasted great! In my opinion, they are a great improvement over frozen versions of curry because they have a lot less "chemical" taste. Based on my experience, I would definitely buy these again.

The curry products are shelved in the ready-made food section (in a paperboard box) and the curry comes in a metallic pouch which you can either empty into a dish and microwave or dump into a vat of boiling water and heat up (inside the pouch -- and we all know how fun it is to cook a pouch!). Either way, you have a delicious curry lunch ready to eat in 5 minutes or less.

I am cooking rice at the same time, so my cooking time is a total of ten minutes. Still, that's not bad for a quick lunch at home. Yum!

1 comment:

337is said...

Plus, I feel like a spaceman everytime I eat food from a metal pouch...we just need some Tang to complete my fantasy!