Saturday, June 16, 2007

Money for Nuthin'

My friend Lisa (not me, another Lisa) and I have decided to do some walking after work to get a few extra steps on the ol' step counter. We're supposed to be doing this to burn calories, but on our first trip we walked to Sonic for root beer floats and on the second trip (today) we walked to get Mexican food, so I think it's really more for fun than for dieting thus far. We usually walk about four miles each outing, but I don't know that four miles is enough to burn off a large root beer float and some onion rings, though I must confess that I haven't actually done the math.

As we were walking back from the restaurant, I suggested that we cut through an vacant lot just for the sake of adventure (in general, Lisas love adventure). As we stepped off the road, Lisa (not me, the other Lisa) said, "Maybe we'll find some MONEY!" Just then, I looked down to see a crisp $1 bill on the grass right near her feet. I said, "Look! Money!" Lisa (not me, the other Lisa) was so shocked that she fell down on the ground and started laughing hysterically. "Quick," I said, "Say something about finding a husband out here!" Lisa (not me, the other Lisa) has determined that this is the year she's going to get married, but she isn't even dating anyone at the moment so I thought this magical vacant lot wish fulfillment was worth a try. She said, "I hope I find a husband out here," and we looked around on the ground but didn't see anything that seemed promising.

A friend later pointed out that you probably shouldn't consider a guy laying around in a vacant lot good husband material. I think that's a pretty safe guideline to live by, but you never know...

1 comment:

337is said...

I still think Lisa (not you, the other Lisa) set you up with that and quietly slipped a buck on the ground to freak you out. If she could of pulled a man out of her hat that would have been impressive.