Saturday, November 12, 2005

Restaurant Reviewer

I've decided to start reviewing local restaurants on www.citysearch.com. So far, I have reviewed all the restaurants we've eaten at, other than restaurants like Macaroni Grill or Waffle House because they're pretty common and already had a million reviews each.

The reason I decided to start doing this was because I was recently looking for a new Thai restaurant to try and I found that a lot of the reviews were of two varieties: (1) "Oh my goodness! This is my favorite restaurant ever! I love it so much!" or (2) "This restaurant sucked! Don't ever go there! You'll probably die from food poisoning!" Surprisingly, many restaurants have both kinds of reviews, making you wonder who was right (or who was paid off).

I always try to note whether there are many vegetarian options and I think this gives me a unique (if worthless to 95% of the population) perspective compared with other reviewers.

Because of this new attraction to citysearch restaurant reviewing, I have decided to abandon my unrealized plan of reviewing restaurants here on my blog. Instead, I encourage my readers to go check out (and review your own restaurants on) citysearch. You'll get a more diverse perspective than I could have given you and you might find some good (or really bad) places to eat nearby.

1 comment:

337is said...

This post made me hungry.