Thursday, November 24, 2005

It's a Flip Flop Flying Christmas!

I know that Thanksgiving isn't even over yet, so it might be too soon to speak of Christmas, but I'm going to do it anyway. I have neglected to mention one of my favorite websites of all times: Flip Flop Flying. The site was created by this guy named Craig Robinson, a Brit who now lives in Berlin. Craig is the creator of "Minipops." You may have seen a book about minipops in stores last holiday season or you might have seen minipops on album covers or magazines in the last couple of years. If you're totally oblivious to the minipops phenomenon, I believe you will be delighted when you first gaze upon them and figure them out.

In my opinion, Craig is brilliant. I admire his sense of humor, his dedication to his work, and his overall coolness. There are many creative people that I have jealously wanted to switch personalities and lifestyles with, and Craig is one who's at the top of my list.

I haven't visited his website for quite a while. Since the last time I was there, he has added a blog and a blog for his dog and a bunch of new characters to The World of Flip Flop Flying.

Although I don't visit FFF every month, I am always reminded of this website every Christmas season because one year he did a really fun internet Advent calendar which I did check every day (I am utterly obsessed with Advent calendars for some reason). He has done other interesting Christmas things, and you can view all of them here.

Take a moment to poke around on his website and absorb the brilliance that is Craig. I do not think you'll be disappointed!

No comments: