Sunday, August 05, 2007

Construction Complete!

I left on Friday and my world was construction-encrusted. When I returned home today, my world was nearly construction-free! It's a summer miracle!

It seems that most of the Briley Parkway/Elm Hill Pike construction is truly done, and the construction crews somehow managed to knock it out while I was away for the weekend. This created a "how long have I been gone?" sensation as I unexpectedly found myself driving on orange-barrel-free, newly paved roads on the way to my house this Sunday evening.

Although I barely remember what the roads were like before the days of construction, and although I never really hated all the construction messing up the traffic flow near my house, I do have to say that the current status is like driving through a paradise. It's so smooth, so roomy, so efficient. I am totally loving life now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I happened to be on that section of Elm Hill today. It's fabulous. Stephanie and I almost missed our turn because we were so enthralled by the pretty new lines and asphalt!

337is said...

Whose fault?

Asphalt.

Tip your waiter folks...I'll be here all week...try the veal!