Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Nashville to Howell: Stage 3 Complete!

I know that many of you have probably been waiting for news of the completion of the final step (Of a mere three stages! Moving is easy, I tell you! Yes, I'm joking!) in our move from Howell, Michigan, to Nashville, Tennessee. Well, the good news is that, as of yesterday evening we are 100% moved down here!

Les and our nephew Justin did a two-day garage sale during the weekend of June 24-26, packed up two carloads of stuff, and drove down to Nashville on yesterday, arriving here at "the new home" around 11:30 p.m. After about a week of living in an increasingly unfurnished house and having a garage sale during some of the hottest days of Michigan summer (it was even hotter in Michigan than it was in Nashville, if that gives you a hint as to how hot it was), they were happy to be done, be in air conditioning, and be sleeping in real beds.

I personally had to do some heroic organization to convert our spare bedroom, a.k.a. "catch all room," into a traversable guest room, complete with bed and space to walk to the bed! Boxes were stacked high, things were squirrelled away in closets, and every available space was filled. The good news is that we now have a lovely and fairly comfortable guest room if anyone wants to come and visit.The bad news is that you can't hang your clothes in the closet while you're here because it is stacked with boxes.

Tonight I spent some time updating our website
, where you can see photos of some of the fun we've had in the month of June. There are no photos of the apartment itself yet, really. But those are soon to come. The digital camera (and Les) is currently down in Florida for a few days on the beach near Tampa for a Rollins/Boller family vacation. I've used up most of my vacation time (I have five days of sick/personal time left to last me until March 30 -- Gulp!) with the move, so I'm up here working. It's not so bad . . . long weekend, short week, quiet house, etc. I'm doing just fine as a working woman!

The other good news is that the house in Howell appears to be sold. It happened very quickly (and we did price it to sell), and we are all thankful that it happened that way. We had quite a few family members helping us clean it up and get it ready, and we say Thank You to everyone!

We are having fun in Nashville (and it's really not THAT hot, y'all!).

1 comment:

337is said...

I know it’s sappy but I really would have had much more fun had you been down in FLA with me…again, thanks for all the work getting the house in order…I owe you BIG TIME!