Friday, March 09, 2012

Good Ideas Gone Wrong

This is what my living room looks like right now.

I just said to my husband, who was asking if there's anything anything at all that he can do for me, "Next time, remind me, before I embark in another curtain project, that I HATE CURTAINS!!!"

At this moment, I also hate IKEA and their stupid "hemming tape," which is not actually that much of an improvement over machine-hemming (and I've mis-placed the tape for these red curtains, which means I'll end up sewing them anyway); I hate IKEA's ridiculously long curtains (I just had to cut 3 feet off a pair, and I have taller than standard windows); I hate ironing, which just gives you lots of meditative time to thing about what an endlessly stupid idea all of this was; and I hate the fact that I'm 3 curtains in with 9 to go and I am already SO over this project.

At this moment, I'm really regretting the big IKEA trip I made as part of my vacation time. Instead of chilling for four days, I'm several hundred dollars poorer and have been slaving away, assembling things for the last four days of my stay-cation.

Ugh.

Capturing this moment to serve as a warning to others, but especially a warning to myself.

No comments: