Sunday, March 26, 2006

How's Your Pooh-sticking?

I was scanning through the various news pages today and stumbled across this story on a real Pooh-sticks competition that is held annually in Oxfordshire. I read the books as a child and have played Pooh-sticks on a number of occasions, so I thought it was fun that someone got serious about it for charity.

This story also seems to demonstrate that you can make an event out of anything, which is comforting. I do enjoy easily entertained people (like myself).

When I mentioned this news story to my husband, he said, “You should include a link to some information about that UK band called the Pooh Sticks. Are they even still doing anything?” It appears that the Pooh Sticks have disbanded, but I’m including a link to their unofficial fan page here anyway.

2 comments:

337is said...

I'm just getting around to reading this now and as soon as I saw the headline, I thought "wow, she should mention that UK band ... " and then noticed you did ... because we talked about it ... why don't I remember talking about it? Is anyone paying attention to my life because I don't seem to be!

LMR said...

Dude, I think you even looked at the band website over my shoulder! Where have you been?