Saturday, September 24, 2005

Fall is (not) in the air

My Michigan biological clock is deceiving me. It's late September, so I wake up thinking, "Today I'll wear long sleeves, maybe even a sweater." As I'm getting ready in the morning, I check the weather channel to find that it's going to be 91 degrees. What a surprise!

Although it does get cooler in the evenings now than it did during the full heat of the summer (there have been a couple of evenings when we actually wore jackets), it is still nearly just as hot during the day as it was during official "summer."

This is taking some getting used to on my part and I wonder how long it will be before my biological clock adjusts (will it ever)? Thank goodness I don't live somewhere where it never gets cold (like Florida or LA). I would be in a continual state of season-change anticipation.

2 comments:

mike g said...

Fall in Michigan is the best. But you'll learn to love Fall in the South. Especially because it lasts so long. When you are thinking you should be putting on the boots and gloves and grabbing the ice scraper you'll realize that just a light jacket will do. It's much more stylish. And you'll learn to love Spring because it shows up right on time. March 1st it'll be Spring. No late season snows. You won't have to keep the winter stuff handy just in case. Beautiful.

337is said...

Ugh...as a kid in Michigan I used to HATE those late snows...I was so ready to play in the yard and bam! Snowsuit for me just to get the mail. Yuck.