Saturday, September 24, 2005

Ann Arbor Blogs I'm Enjoying

Hello to all my Ann Arbor friends! This post is for you! I don't know how it happened, but I stumbled upon a couple of Ann Arbor blogs last weekend and I have been enjoying them ever since. I thought I would post them here so that you could (possibly) enjoy them as well. Or really, really hate them.

The first blog is called I Arbored Ann. It is very limited in scope, focusing on the real estate development of Main Street and State Street, yet I found it interesting to see what's leaving town, what's coming to town, and what's moving to another part of town, since I know the Ann Arbor area so well. The blogger is anti-chain store, so the posts are "slanted" in that direction, but his/her comments are very funny and anyone with a biting sense of humor should enjoy reading through this blog, even if they're 100% in love with Ann Arbor. While the blogger seems to be taking a "neighborhood watch for the anti-establishment" approach to this blog, I found it entertaining and enlightening. If nothing else, it's a great place to find out what's coming to town restaurant-wise.

Suds and Soliloquies seems to tread a nice line between local news and national news, seriousness and humor (not always a given in a politically-aware Ann Arborite!). I felt like Dave (the author) represents Ann Arbor residents well, and reading his blog is the next closest thing to having lunch with an Ann Arborite in the flesh.

Lastly, if you're at all disenchanted with Ann Arbor, please check out Ann Arbor is Overrated. It's not all negativity and it's frequently updated with well-written posts. This blog also includes links to lots of other Michigan blogs in case you're interested in pursuing this futher.

Happy blog reading. But don't forget to come back and see me once in a while, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, lisa, it's rick ropka.....just cruising through the bma website and saw this....never blogged before (although i may have and it just didn't involve computers).....i live in a little town just north of branson, mo...called nixa...smaller than hamburg, but just as pointless...i've been married for five years, have a three year old son (Jacob Arrison) and a year and a half old little girl (Grace Aubin) my lovely wife (Chanin Suzanne), a cat (Otis Crotchsniffer), a dog (Penny God-Dammit), and a hamster named roger. that about sums it up....just the same old guy...a little fatter, some more facial hair, and other decorative touches. my email address (i'm not cool enough to have a blog or anything like that)is rfropka@hotmail.com
you look silly as ever in your happy-to-have-a-few-more-QB's picture....althoug i think the Chiefs are going all the way