Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring in Nashville

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are here visiting this week and we took a trip to The Hermitage today. The grounds are beautiful all year long, but I especially enjoyed the Spring scenery on this visit. I don't think we've ever been there this early in the year, so all the plants were just coming into bloom. The lilacs were tender and sweet-smelling, the daffodils were newly opened, the peonies were still closed but starting to unfurl, and each tree had little baby leaves. It was a rainy day, so everything was green and crisp and dewy. So lovely.

I grew up with dogwood in my front yard, so they have a special connection to Spring for me. My favorite Spring tree now is probably the Redbud (which are prevalent and beautiful here in Nashville), but for some reason I just couldn't resist taking a photo of these just-hatched blossoms.

No comments: